(I’m claiming my absence of week two due to vacation – sorry!)
Homemade Hamburger Helper from “Farmgirl Gourment”.
Mike really wanted a box of this stuff for a fast weeknight meal, but I found this instead which takes a bit more time but has way less sodium, is still pretty quick and was delicious. You can try to substituent the beef with turkey and add some vegetables to it.
Super easy, quick, delicious and you probably have most of the ingredients already. And bonus, a one pot meal!
Easy to make and a real crowd pleaser. Try it from scratch, you’ll be glad you did.
- 1 lb ground beef
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add the ground beef. Brown until cooked through and no longer pink. Discard any fat. Add the pasta, milk, water and spices and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and turn the heat down to simmer. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. Add the cheese and stir to combine. Serve immediately.