I also made some delicious Stuffed Chicken this week from here, I hadn’t used a recipe from this site, but I will now after trying this one! I didn’t take a picture so I used the one from the blog. I halved the recipe, and it still produced leftovers that were delicious heated up. I also made some gluten free bread crumbs from my bread and nixed the basil since I didn’t have any. This came out very well and will definitely be repeated. Served with a salad.
Chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes – baked to absolute crisp-tender cheesy perfection!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes halves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Cut each breast horizontally to, but not through, the other side to create a pocket.
- Lift top flap of chicken pocket, arranging cheese, spinach and tomatoes.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into the eggs, then dredge in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking dish and bake until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.