I made my first quiche and it was delicious!! I used this recipe as the guide but made so many changes to it I’m going to provide my own instructions! I basically used this as a clearinghouse for a lot of the veggies in my fridge and it turned out great. I included below the ingredients from the recipe I took it from and the other stuff I added.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell1/4 cup chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Rinse spinach and broccoli and pulse in food processor
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat
- Saute garlic for 30 seconds, until fragrant
- Add all veggies and cook until softened
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and milk until smooth. Whisk in eggs. Layer veggies, cheese, and onion in pie shell, making several layers of each. Pour in egg mixture. Place quiche on prepared cookie sheet. Cover quiche with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and filling is set.
To reheat, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 325.